Sunday 15 March 2015

One more...INTO THE BREACH!

FOR SOOTH GOOD SIRS AND MADAMS!

Papercuts and Inkstains, my first comic has pretty much sold out it's first run. It's not a MASSIVE run, but in 9 days, I am pretty damn happy!

We've got shops picking it up, people interested in it, art being worked on for issue two + and scripts up for issue 5/6. That's a pretty awesome undertaking. So I just need you all to continue buying my comics I make...that would be swell!

For all of you who have already bought it, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! You're all amazing people and will sit at the right hand/tentacle of the flying spaghetti monster who did indeed create this Earth, as all good Pastafarians do.


I've probably thanked them about two hundred times, but Dan Butcher (Cover duties supreme), Nick Gonzo ("NO" artist extraordinaire) Kevin Pospisil ("BEOE" Zombie drawist) and Mike Smith ("POD" sketcher of doom) have all done an absolutely amazing job of issue one. Dan is returning on issue two to do the cover and is drawing up a future shock style story to be included in it, alongside Stephen Weafer's "Mary" and a couple of other awesome shorts as well. We're going slightly bigger with issue two as well! All good fun guys and girls and definitely something to keep your eyes on!

As I write this, I'm listening to the Kaiser Chiefs and thinking about the fact that Nick Gonzo was in the original "I predict a riot" video. Look for it on youtube and lookout for his gurning face in it! Go on. Do it. Done it? Good. That setup leads me nicely onto the next point. Nick's first release with Madius, 50 Signal is available NEXT WEEK! NEXT BLOODY WEEK! You need to buy this comic. It will make you question existence, space travel and just what songs and pop culture influences you and the way you live your life... 

Comic Bastards absolutely loved it...don't believe me...HERE'S THEIR REVIEW: 

http://comicbastards.com/comics/review-50-signal-1/

Anymore loving in that and I think they would have been down on their knees giving Nick a quick blowie in the Cuthbert Broderick in Millennium Square...Did I mention Darick "TRANSMET/THE BOYS" Robertson thought it was charming? 


Enough whoring...No? Want more? Well ok! I implore you to check out Gareth Sleightholme's twitter feed here and be amazed by the work that man is doing with a pencil, pen and paper. He's working on a one shot comic called: Papercuts Presents - "The Kings Leap". It is heavy metal distilled onto paper. Vikings, undead monsters, witches, Picts and Norse mythology! What else could you want in a comic? Exactly!


Madius also has another Papercuts Presents in the works, written by myself and Mike "ThunderFrappachino" Sambrook, with art by the insanely talented Danny Gunn...Who may or may not be a wrestler...Either way, this one is a madcapped, no holds barred love letter to the 80's, retro gaming and bad cheffing. You're gonna love it. 

Final little shout out is to Brad Holman, artist on Average Joe and all round print guru/God! The man is the cornerstone of Madius Comics and he is one of my best friends. You should all bow down before him! 

I leave you with the knowledge that this weekend, I've finished off one script, I'm hammering down another right after I finish typing this idiocy and you are all our MADIUS MASSES!

Good day sirs and madams!







2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't be the first time I've done something terrible in the Cuthbert Broderick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Goodness, sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete