Monday 16 March 2015

Whore...you're a whore Robin...a WHORE! HIRE ME BICHES!



As you can probably tell from the header I've thrown on this one, this post is a bit of an advert...

WAIT! Don't go! I have biscuits and cookies...


Ok, honestly, if you're looking for cookies, I can tell you I actually don't have any. but what do I do have is a particular set of skills...

LETTERING!

Yes, I am a letterer of comics. What's a letterererer of comics do I hear you ask? Well, I put your amazing words on your amazing artwork to finish you amazing comic off! I add all those sound effects, gasps, shouts, cries of laughter or fear and all those cool and witty Tarrantinoesque bits of dialogue involving Royale's with cheese and such to your comic to give it that finished look!

I like to think I'm reasonably proficient and professional, I itemise and invoice all my work so you can keep track of where I am and what I'm doing with your project. I offer competitive rates and also offer a discounted rate for full comic projects. Everything is sent back to you, via the medium of your choice, be it We Transfer, Google Drive, Onedrive or Dropbox. I like to think I'm very flexible too with regards to finished products and will only accept payment once you are fully satisfied with my work. It is, after all, YOUR comic, and I want YOU to be 100% happy with it!

I have worked for :

GRAYHAVEN COMICS

5DIMENSION COMICS

CLOSE 2 IMMORTALITY COMICS

and various small press and indie comics.

Drop me a line via twitter or on here and I would be more than happy to have a look over your project with you! I'm including a small selection of the stuff I've worked on, including a design page which was built from scratch for Jason Ford's The Servant, a project which was successfully kickstarted into the world!



I got into letterering comics to make sure, at the final hurdle, I could edit down my dialogue to suit the art. I love the process and have evolved the way I work, initially starting out on Photoshop, finding my feet and then making the jump to Illustrator. I love using Illustrator. It makes life so much easier being able to manipulate each and every letter with relative ease. It's a powerful tool to be able to use, and provides a much higher quality of work in the end results!

I admire so many awesome letterers, none more so however than Mr Blambot, Jim Campbell and Colin Bell. Colin has been a godsend, giving me hints, tips and encouragement, as well as the odd Walter White style warning to stay off his turf, but I owe pretty much everything to him with regards to how I work and how I am. He's a great guy, doing great things for the comics industry! His work can be found in BOOM comics, Image and a shit load of others and he writes his own comics as well, the immensely popular Dungeon Fun and backups in Titan's Doctor Who series... This man deserves your praise and respect!

Right...that's enough waffle. Go on with your daily lives...

Move along...

Go on...

Go...

No comments:

Post a Comment